Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) Netboot
For advice on using netboot images, see the installation guide. These are generally aimed at experienced users with special requirements.
Select an architecture to install 16.04 with Xenial's 4.4 GA kernel
- amd64 - For 64-bit Intel/AMD (x86_64)
- i386 - For 32-bit Intel/AMD (x86)
- arm64 - For 64-bit ARM (ARMv8)
- armhf (generic, generic-lpae) - For 32-bit ARM (ARMv7)
- ppc64el - For Little-Endian PowerPC (POWER8)
- powerpc (32-bit, 64-bit, e500mc) - For Big-Endian PowerPC
- s390x - For IBM System z
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) Netboot with HWE kernel
Ubuntu provides backport kernels for hardware enablement on our LTS point releases, as well as matching netboot images. Below are links to the netboot images for 16.04 with the rolling HWE kernel. For more information about backport kernels, including the support and upgrade policies, please see the documentation.